Earn a CACREP-Accredited Master’s in Counseling Online
Are you called to experience the joys and challenges of guiding others through life's obstacles and opportunities? The CACREP-accredited Online Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Counseling from William & Mary, a renowned “Public Ivy” institution, can help you achieve your personal and professional goals, whether you want to enter the field of counseling or accelerate your career. Choose from the following concentrations and specializations:
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling (CMHC) concentration
- Military and Veterans Counseling specialization within CMHC
- School Counseling concentration
Support diverse learners.
Be a part of creating a more equitable education system in the U.S. and abroad with an Online Master of Arts in Education (M.A.Ed.) or Online Post-Professional Certificate in Curriculum and Instruction. Open to those without a teaching license, you can take classes entirely online, and choose to specialize in one of three areas: ESL, K-6 Special Education and 6-12 Special Education.
Join a new world of change agents.
Social and cultural transformation begins at the individual level. This is a counselor’s greatest power: to cultivate hope in others and foster their ability to overcome life’s challenges, allowing them to achieve a greater version of themselves. The W&M School of Education is preparing a new generation of leaders who can facilitate that kind of impact.
Through integrated teaching methods and experiential learning opportunities, including practicum courses and internships, our students learn to serve in a changing cultural landscape.
Clinical Mental Health Counseling
Curriculum and Instruction
Why Earn Your Master’s in Counseling Online From William & Mary?
- The Online M.Ed. in Counseling is CACREP-accredited—one of only 75 online counseling degree programs in the country with this designation
- You will graduate prepared with the knowledge, compassion and objectivity you need to become an effective licensed counselor
- The curriculum is rooted in innovation and directed by highly engaged and experienced faculty leaders
- Our engaging online experience emphasizes social justice and cultural responsiveness as part of your professional development
- Join the alumni network of a renowned, research-driven public ivy institution
- You can tailor the program to your professional and personal goals
Renowned Faculty, Focused on You
Review Our Admissions FAQs
Begin Your Application
William & Mary Counseling Webinar: What can you do with a CMHC degree?
Tuesday, June 1, 6-7 p.m. EDT
1. Retrieved on January 11, 2018, from education.wm.edu/news/news-archive/2017/professor-wins-national-lecture-award.php