Online Master of Education in Counseling Tuition and Financial Aid
Tuition Rates for the 2023-2024 Academic Year
- $725 per credit hour (60 total credit hours)
- $145 non-refundable graduation fee
- $150 one-time LiveText fee
- $50 application fee
- $360 enrollment confirmation fee (credited to tuition)**
Students are required to fund their travel costs for the residencies.
*Please note: Annual increases in tuition and fees are announced each May by the William & Mary Board of Visitors and take effect in August.
**This non-refundable enrollment deposit will hold your space in the program. It is a one-time payment that will be applied toward your first semester bill.
Online Counseling Degree Financial Aid Options
The William & Mary School of Education proudly works to help you obtain the best financial aid package you can to help you pursue the Online M.Ed. in Counseling. The William & Mary Office of Financial Aid provides the following resources to help you assess your options:
- Financial Aid Resources, which can connect you to guides prepared by the Office of Financial Aid as well as to external resources
- Financial Aid FAQs, which cover questions pertaining to loans, billing and other aspects of financial aid for current and prospective students
- Payment Plan Information, which details the process for paying your W&M tuition through monthly installments
- How to Apply for Aid, which walks you through the forms and procedures required to apply for financial aid as a W&M graduate student
Federal Financial Aid for the Counseling Program
Financial aid is available in the form of federal or private student loans as well. The FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) is required for federal loan eligibility. You can file electronically at www.fafsa.gov. Our federal school code, which must be included with your FAFSA application to ensure that we receive the details of your submission, is 003705.
- For January start: December 1st
- For May start: April 1st
- For August start: July 1st
Loan Forgiveness and Other W&M Resources
The School of Education is proud to connect current and prospective Online M.Ed in Counseling students with financial resources. Loan forgiveness may also be available to our online counseling students; more details about eligibility and application requirements can be found here.
For more information on the options available for financing your Online M.Ed. in Counseling, please contact the Financial Aid Department at 757-221-2420 or email@example.com. Learn more about applying for financial aid.
*William & Mary tuition waiver benefits are not eligible for use in our Online M.Ed. in Counseling program.
Financial Aid Q&A Video
Watch our Q&A video with William & Mary’s senior assistant director of financial aid and our Admissions Outreach Advisors for detailed information about financial aid deadlines, billing dates, and loan and payment options, as well as answers to questions such as, “Can I determine if I’ll be approved for loans before I apply?”
Financial Aid Contacts
W&M is happy to connect you to resources with expertise on financial aid opportunities that may be available through your employer, the U.S. military or student loans. For more information contact one of the following representatives:
General Financial Aid Information (other than military or VA): Contact Assistant Director Kimberly Ketterman at 757-221-2426 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Military Tuition Reimbursement: Contact Student Accounts at 757-221-1220 or email@example.com
VA Benefits (including new GI Bill): Contact Carolyn Ward at 757-221-2893 or firstname.lastname@example.org